Many thanks to Sarah, from 31 and over, for nominating me for the Liebster Award! This award is a recognition given to bloggers by other bloggers and I’m delighted to have been nominated. Upon acceptance, you must then pass it on to other bloggers to continue sharing the love and discovering new blogs. So please, do not break it! Follow the rules below if you have been nominated 🙂
- Thank and link to the blogger who nominated you
- Create a post on your blog, displaying the Liebster Award Logo
- Answer 11 questions assigned by the blogger who nominated you
- Provide rules/instructions for accepting the award
- Nominate 5-11 new favorite bloggers for the Liebster Award
- Come up with a list of 11 new questions for your nominees
- Notify the nominees
- Post your Liebster Award blog post link in the comments of your nominators Liebster Award Post
Q&A with Sarah:
Who is your travel inspiration? Why?
Tintin! Journalist and explorer, this fictional character always inspired me to explore the world and I dreamt as a kid to follow his footsteps. Traveling while investigating incredible stories and meeting amazing friends, what better inspiration?
What’s the furthest destination (from home) that you traveled to?
Australia. My parents had the chance to win a trip there on the French radio and we all flew to this incredible country!
Do you like traveling alone or with a group?
I’m more of a solo traveler I have to say. I really enjoy making my own plans and be free to stop along the way if I want to, without having to stick to a fixed plan. Being a solo traveller doesn’t mean thought that I don’t enjoy meeting other people on the way. I love spending time with locals and other travellers! Heading to a hostel is often a good strategy to meet people and possibly end up traveling together 🙂
Have you traveled to a place you couldn’t wait to get out of?
Christ the Redeemer in Rio de Janeiro was probably one of those places. The view is beautiful and the train ride was great but the place by itself was just sooo crowded. I honestly couldn’t take it and was quite glad to go away from it.
Can you give one hidden gem (name of the place and where it can be found) you’ve stumbled into that you would like to share?
The Tiputini Biodiversity Centre in Ecuador. Amazing place filled with an incredible amount of wildlife!
What’s the most amazing thing that happened to you while traveling?
Many amazing things have happened to me while traveling and I’ve met people on the way that I’m still lucky enough to call friends. But if I had to choose only one moment, I would probably pick that time in Kenya when an entire class of Massais kids performed one of their traditional dance for me. They were training for a competition with other schools and it was an incredible experience!
How about the scariest thing?
I was grabbed by something while swimming in Guadeloupe when I was a kid. Sure that it was a shark and that my last moment had arrived, I probably swam faster than I ever did since.
Can you name a city or country you always find yourself coming back to?
The UK. I’ve studied there two times already and I keep coming back somehow. One day, when I’m old, I’ll have a cottage lost somewhere with a bunch of sheep and Scottish cows for sure!
What were/are your travel misconceptions which you have proven wrong – if there are any?
I was convinced that travelling from Brazil to Peru was fast and cheap. I was wrong. Brazil is really big so no Easy Jet flights to neighbouring countries like we have in Europe!
Are you more of a sea or mountain person?
I like both. Mountains full of snow and skying possibilities in winter and warm sea to snorkel and surf in summer!
What’s on the top of your bucket list that you haven’t done yet?
Exploring Scotland and Patagonia!
Now I’d like to nominate a couple of amazing bloggers to spread the love:
My Questions for the nominees are:
- What was your first travel destination?
- What’s the weirdest way of transport that you’ve used while travelling?
- What is your favourite continent and why?
- If you could go anywhere, where would you go?
- What are the top three things you always take in your suitcase?
- Why did you start blogging?
- What’s the worst thing you had to eat while travelling?
- And the best?
- Are you more into cold destinations or warm ones?
- What’s your best travel-related memory?
- What’s on your travel wish list for 2017?